Saturday, September 19, 2009
Sigma Onyx Easy Heart-Rate Monitor/Watch
So for fitness ed class, we had to purchase a Sigma heart rate monitor/watch. I was pretty excited when I got it, thinking it would benefit me for track practices as well. Well, I was playing with the watch the other day and it seems like a great tool but you have to wear a chest strap to get a heart rate reading. These chest straps can be uncomfortable to wear especially when I am practicing for track. Also, the stopwatch on the watch doesn't read hundredths or thousandths of a second so it doesn't benefit me when I am doing a speed workout on the track. The watch is more suitable for distance runners. Overall, the Sigma heart rate monitor is a great tool but lacks my needs for track and field.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They are great tools for class, I must say. When purchasing them, however, I thought they were the type of watch that took your heart rate from the watch against your wrist, not from a strap around your chest. It isn't the most comfortable thing to wear, and I also noticed the stopwatch was a bit pathetic, but it is a great tool to use for all phys ed classes and for personal use as well.
ReplyDeleteI agree they are great for class. I think they are going to be very benefical to us in the future. I think the brand we got was good. I would have liked the stop watch to have been in hundreths and thousandths as well. This was a great buy for us a educators.
ReplyDelete