Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Slippery Rock University
Being a second year student at Slippery Rock, I believe that the University should use some of their money in remodeling some of the buildings on campus. Buildings such as Spotts World Culture and Eisenberg Classroom really can use it. They look out of date. In addition, I believe that the field house should be remodeled with a new indoor track. Being a track and filed athlete, running on that surface that they currently have is awful. We hold track meets here and our surface is known to be poor and slow. We can't even wear track spikes on that surface so why even have track meets on it. I've been to Kent State University and they have an outstanding field house with a 300m Mondo-surface track and a indoor football field. With that said, I think it would be nice to see some of the structures updated on Slippery Rock's campus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have also noticed that some of the buildings here on campus are looking a bit old. But, the campus has already remodeled Boozel Dining Hall, Done some work with the Weisenflu, touched up Rhodes, and are currently working on Vincent Science Center. Hopefully the work will continue with the rest of campus. Some of the classrooms in Spotts and Eisenburgh are small and get very cramped with all the students. I have also heard talk of the new Student Union maybe soon to be built. I wonder how far this construction will go and what new look SRU will take on?
ReplyDeleteI personally think that the school should slow down with all of the construction and remodeling. With the university being around 5 million in debt because of the state budget I think they should re-prioritize. I mean do we really need a new union?!? I think they should be remodeling the inside of some of the buildings in the quad! But I agree there are some sport facilities that should be updated or maybe even build some more gym space for us PE majors. But with all the projects they have going on now and with the budget problems, we might have to wait a few years!
ReplyDeleteI also think the university needs to prioritize, they are putting money into more additions than they are renovations it seems. Although the new buildings look nice, I don't think its very practical and classrooms such as spotts and the field house could use some money.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Bill. It is sad to see some of the falling apart facilities we have with the money that SRU has. We should have nice facilities for when other schools come in and they are impressed with what we have. If we had newer more advanced things I think it would help students learn better and help athletes compete better.
ReplyDeleteI feel that campus is completely fine with the renovation and/or any contruction needing to occur to better the campus. I feel that the University needs to set their priorities straight and think about us students for once instead of themselves. Why? because what happens when they plan on building something new, or start the process? Our tuition bill goes up, and for them to make what they want it comes out of our pocket. What student can afford a tuition raise this time of the declining economy. I feel that the University is in the best shape I've seen since I've been here my freshman year.
ReplyDeleteI agree that some of the buildings need remodeled, especially the field house. I have all of my 7 classes in the field house and it is pretty out of date. I have ran on the indoor track for a while and it really is aweful to run on. I think that Physical Education majors bring a lot of the money to SRU, so I believe that we deserve a remodeled building. After all, SRU is supposed to be like the Havard for PE so I think they should treat the field house that way. A new remodeled field house work let us become better PE educators and give us more opportunities to learn.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you bill, I think our track should be surfaced. We have a great program there is no reason why it shouldn't be surfaced. It would be beneficial to the track team and also all the classes that participate on it, to have it resurfaced. I also think some of the class rooms should be remodeled. We had the biggest incoming freshman so where is all the money going too?
ReplyDelete